Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1: Three Gifts Heard

1.  "I heard an old,old story--how a Savior came from glory. How He gave His life on Calvary, to save a wretch like me. I heard about His groaning, of His precious blood's atoning.  Then I repented of my sins and gained the victory.  I heard about a mansion He has built for me in Glory, and heard about the streets of gold, beside the crystal sea. About the angels singing, and the old redemption story. And some sweet day I'll sing up there the song of victory.  Oh victory in Jesus, my savior, forever. He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood. He loved me ere I knew Him and all my love is due Him. He plunged me to victory, beneath the cleansing flood.  ("Victory in Jesus" by Eugene Bartlett, 1939).

2.  "It's a girl!/It's a boy!" Both times were magical and overwhelmingly wonderful.

3. The sounds of my children playing peacefully together  (especially when they are in "pretend-mode". It blesses me every, single time.

No comments:

Post a Comment