Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 5: Three Gifts Silver

1.  A pretty,  bird ornament I found while the kids and I were decorating the tree last weekend.  I had completely forgotten all about it, until I flipped it over and read a little tag on the bottom..."To: Angela, From: Julie  Thanks for the knitting lessons--2012"...Yes, its only been one year, but I had forgotten all about it.  (And that I had helped teach Julie how to knit.)  And it was such a sweet surprise/reminder and totally made me smile)

2. Linings...I'm most always an optimist.  And spending time thinking of blessings--be they spiritual, material, or memorial reminds me daily what a blessing that is.  The ability to focus on the good (in spite of the bad) truly is a gift, and I believe a huge source of achieving contentment.

3.  New Friends..."Make new friends, and keep the old.  One is silver and the other, gold."  (Shout out to my former girl scouts)  I am blessed to have made (and kept) many friends in my life.  I'm amazed at the way that even at 33, God can still introduce "new" friends in my life, who very quickly can become invested and integral to my life.  While I have some extremely special "old" friends with whom deep ties and bonds of friendship have been forged, some of my closest friends are also "newbies" (who I have a feeling will be earning their "gold" status in due time)


No comments:

Post a Comment